In particular in the PCS 7 environment it is necessary to change the parameters of a point-to-point connection. However, this is not always possible online.
Resulting task list:
You are to add a CPU 341 and a MODBUS driver to your project. You configure in STEP 7 or PCS 7 with the following parameters.
- Configuration of serial communication via CP 341 RS232C.
- Use of the MODBUS protocol as master or slave.
- No online connection between the Engineering Station and the AS.
- STEP 7 V5.3 or PCS 7 V6.1 SP1
- Installation of Point-to-Point options package: 27013524
You can also download other transfer protocols to the CP in addition to the default protocols in order to extend functions and adapt the CP 341 to the communication partner.
- Installation of the loadable drivers CP PtP MODBUS Master 27774018 and CP PtP MODBUS Slave 27774276.
- Make sure that no online connection to an AS is possible.
- You configure the CP 341 RS232C in the Hardware Configuration.
- Double-click on the module in the Hardware Configuration.
The module's Properties dialog opens.
- Click on the "Parameter..." button.
The parameter assignment interface window opens.
- Select the protocol required for your application, either "MODBUS Master" or "MODBUS Slave".
- Double-click on the "Protocol" button.
The Properties dialog of the protocol settings opens.
Set the individual properties of the interface.
Click "OK" to confirm the settings.
- Double-click the "Load Drivers" button, even if there is no ONLINE connection to the CP 341.
The "No ONLINE connection" error message opens.
- Click "OK" to confirm the settings.
The dialog for loading the module opens.
Do not close this dialog!
- Click on the "Save" button in the background.
- Then close the "Load Drivers" dialog via the "Close" button.
The floppy disk icon in the "Assigning Parameters to Point-to-Point Connections" window is disabled.
The properties of the interface are now saved!
- Close the parameter assignment interface window.
An error message is displayed indicating that you have to load another driver to the module.
Click "OK" to acknowledge the error message.
After you have run through procedure once, you can skip Steps 7 to 9. Now saving the configuration is always possible also offline.
Note that the drivers must be loaded to the CP 341 when it is commissioned!